Search This Blog

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hamburgler strikes again!


Take a big stack of meat, bread, cheese and condiments and give it a personality. Make it asian, or greek, or vegetarian, or classic with mustard. Make it with secret recipes and extra love and attention. However you do make it, call it a burger.

What is your perfect burger?


Take the poll at the bottom of the screen, and leave comments on this blog entry on what your perfect version is(don't worry you don't have to give away your recipes). I will be writing an article in the future on culture and comfort foods, so your input is invaluable, my skinny friends.


If you don't know what you think the best burger is, here are some links to a couple of articles in the recent food press and or internet world that might help(one costs over five thousand dollars!):







2 comments:

LAStory said...

Well, call me crazy, but when it comes to burgers, I like to keep it pretty simple. I'm not a huge fan of red meat and will choose chicken over beef everytime (except when it comes to fajitas) but I like my burgers homemade, no filler, all ground beef. I like it done medium- a little pink in the middle and a slice of cheese thoroughly melted in right before you take it off the grill. Add some red onion, a little lettuce and some ketchup on a toasted white bun (the super processed kind) and I'm happy. I probably made you cringe just now, but it's just what I like.

MK said...

No, not cringing at all. Sounds like a quality burger to me. For me, simple is better. Sometimes I'll do a decked out burger, but most times I just put mustard(spicy), cheese, pickle and tomato. The bun is really irrelevant. I like wheat, but the quality is in the meat!